Friday, June 10, 2011

A Midsummer Night's Fairy





Behold! Tis but a fair wood sprite perched upon a mossy branch in the misty gloaming of a misummer's eve! From her periwinkle crown to her sweeping purple satin hem to the iridescent span of her swallow-tailed wings, she's scarce bigger than a lightening bug. But lest she fool you by her tiny size, remember well her magical powers..........Nora Corbett

One of my very favorite Mirabilia fairies!! I chose to stitch her on aida because I prefer the color of it to the linen color. It fits her beautifully! And yes, it took me 3 years to get around to finishing her. This is my second project this year finished from my UFO pile.

Until next time,
Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Kahlan said...

She is beautiful.I like aida too.

Carol said...

Thank you very much! I do have to say that aida is easier and faster for me to work on :)

happyaslarry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.