Last night I put the finishing touches on my latest project, Valentine Pincushion by The Victoria Sampler. I just love Thea's attention to detail and her use of different fibers and beads. I also love that she uses different embroidery stitches in her designs. It gives me the chance to learn something new and put it to use. I had not done a bullion stitch before and I do have to say that my first one looks more like a carnation (all willy nilly) instead of the rose it should look like. I love it though and left it as it was instead of doing it over after I got a little practice under my belt.
I'm anxiously awaiting the next pincushion to come out....hoping that it's done in green for March! I haven't seen any kind of preview as of yet, but I'll keep looking. March is my birth month and I always enjoy working on something related to it.
I put the year on the back of my work, but forgot to take a picture of it. Here is the unfinished piece so that you can see what it looks like. I added 3 small buttons for "feet" to help keep it clean when sliding it around on the table.
I also started a new project last night: Counting Sheep by Carriage House Samplings. I managed to get the Moon done and started on one of the sheep. I'll show pics of that one soon.
Until next time,